Tax Manager - CPA
Company: JCCS, P.C.
Posted on: November 14, 2023
SENIOR - MANAGER ACCOUNTANT
Why work for JCCS?
Do you want to experience work life balance, have a 10-15 minute
commute AND live in the most beautiful region? Then JCCS is for
you. We offer a comprehensive benefit package that includes
half-day Fridays from May to December. You can start your weekends
early and enjoy all Montana has to offer, with abundance of hunting
and fishing; hiking and boating, camping and skiing.
We look for people who want to grow; who always ask, "What's next?"
Our values and business are rooted in always seeking ways to have
greater impact - staying ahead of industry and regulatory trends;
seeking new skills, credentials and certifications; and constantly
improving how we collaborate, communicate and work together to
achieve client, business, personal and professional goals.
What working at JCCS offers
When you grow our clients grow, and we grow. So we offer a
competitive compensation package in which you're rewarded based on
performance and recognized for the value you bring to the firm. Our
total rewards package includes medical, dental, vision and other
offerings; profit-sharing 401(k) plan with safe harbor
contributions; a minimum of 10 vacation days, nine company-observed
holidays, 12 sick days and half-day Fridays starting in May. Plus
- Support, coaching and feedback from co-workers and
- Opportunities to develop new skills and advance your
- The freedom to work in a way that lets you balance life outside
of work. About JCCS
JCCS has more than 100 professionals working in six locations. Yet
we all share one goal: to guide our clients in making smart
decisions today so you can have a better tomorrow.
For more than 70 years we've helped clients, both big and small, in
virtually every sector. We've collaborated with them on everything
from managing payroll to paying the right amount of tax, from
expansion plans like mergers and acquisitions to succession
planning, and valuation. Throughout it all we've held one firm
When it comes to reaching your personal, business and professional
goals, knowledge is power.
Tax laws, their implications and their interactions with other
business and personal factors can and do change on a regular basis
- sometimes significantly. That's why JCCS Tax Specialists are so
relentless in their search for new and innovative tax applications
to best maximize the benefits to our clients personal and/or
This position is for a senior Tax professional. The ideal candidate
will be technically competent with expert knowledge and experience
in one or more specialties, as well as a team leader. JCCS team
members pride themselves with providing exceptional customer
service, business consulting, and maintaining a positive work
atmosphere and behaving in a manner that is courteous and
respectful of clients, customers, and other team members.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Maintain strict confidentiality of information related to
client, staff, and Firm's internal operations during and after
employment with JCCS.
- Actively seeks complex, specialized accounting projects from
other professional staff.
- Establishes additional responsibilities in specific areas of
accounting interest, for example, budgets, investments, and
information systems to become certified/licensed in those
- Delegates, supervises and reviews more complex tax/audit,
accounting and other functions to other staff, and takes
responsibility for quality control issues.
- Uses technical competence and expertise to serve on JCCS
committees and to lead JCCS teams.
- Comply with established work hours, scheduling and billable
time expectations. Employees are expected to work additional hours
and/or overtime when dictated by client business, high volume
workloads and seasons.
- Performs other duties, responsibilities and activities as
- Completes tax returns under review of a manager or
- Responsible for identifying ways to provide additional services
to existing clients while adding value to the customers'
experience. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be
able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited
- Licensed C.P.A. by the Montana State Board of Public
- 4+ years' experience (public accounting experience required)
Skills for Success:
- Technically competent in commonly used concepts, practices, and
procedures within the accounting field
- Excellent computer skills, including spreadsheets
- The ability to problem solve and think independently
- Attention to detail, and good organizational skills
- Ability to take full responsibility for quality of work,
delegate, supervise and review other staff's work and take
responsibility for their quality of work.
This job posting is intended to describe the general nature and
level of work being performed and not intended to be construed as
an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills
required of personnel as classified.
Candidate must successfully pass background check.
JCCS PC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all
Keywords: JCCS, P.C., Missoula , Tax Manager - CPA, Accounting, Auditing , Missoula, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!