Company: Town Pump
Posted on: February 14, 2019
Casino Manager Job Description Summary
Basic Statement of Functions Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Summary: This position is accountable for the following areas: Customer service at your casino location. Supervisory decisions consistent with Casino Operations standards, policies, and procedure. Assisting in planning, leadership, organizing, and follow-ups in the following areas: Controllable expenses, sales increases, inside gross margin, proper security and control of corporate funds, shortage controls, promotion programs, and monitoring competitors. Setting the proper example for co-workers in terms of professionalism, attitude, and teamwork in the areas of customer service and casino operations.
Job Specifications (Qualifications) EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one year work experience in a casino or bar management; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Additional related experience in related area of supervision and casino/bar or retail operations with a strong background in sales and marketing. Must be able to read, write, understand and speak English language. Must be able to perform math calculations at a 12th grade level.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Experience in the following: MS Excel and Word; corporate specific software PDI.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Current Montana Driver's License OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Ability to meet Casino performance goals.
- Ability to maintain your casino at or above acceptable operational standards.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of customer service at your Casino.
- Ability to provide planning, leadership, organization, and insure follow-ups in all areas of casino control.
- Ability to ensure a safe work environment. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs administrative tasks that include audits, bookkeeping, payroll, record and file maintenance, advertising, public relations, making daily deposits and daily report writing.
- Supervises the operation in all casino areas: bartending, floor attendants, and maintenance.
- Provides customer service; assure customers are tended to in a positive and efficient manner. This may include waiting on customers, addressing customer complaints in a professional manner, assisting with special requests, and mediating other issues.
- Repairs and resets signs.
- Collects non-sufficient fund (NSF) checks; signs warrant documents when payment is not received.
- Operates a vehicle to run errands (i.e., bank, store, post office, meetings, county attorney, etc.).
- Obtains (from cooler) and opens cans and bottles of beer, pop, and wine.
- Effectively prioritizing, organizing, delegating, and following up on casino tasks to be accomplished.
- Ensure the security of casino assets in accordance with the policies and procedures.
- Reports and record keeping. Accurate and effective completion of all casino paper work.
- Hire, train, and orient new employees.
- Order casino merchandise to maintain an in-stock supply.
- Merchandising; to include inventory, receiving, pricing, stocking, displaying, and rotating of bar inventories.
- Maintain and/or perform basic repairs of gaming machines and bar equipment. This includes sending in appropriate machines in for repair.
- Audit machines
- Coordinate with corporate office on casino promotions
- Ensure a safe environment for employees and customers.
- Keying of daily sales.
- Invoicing merchandise.
- Counsel employees; may include career guidance, recognition, retrain, discipline and/or recommend termination.
- Submit paperwork to corporate office, i.e. bathroom logs, phone logs, accident reports (what else?)
- Responsible for training of all employees and holding monthly safety meeting.
- Oversee all aspects of employees in the manager training program for their location.
- Enforce all company policies and procedures.
- Must be able to know and/or perform duties of Floor Runner, Assistant Manager, and Bookkeeper. NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES: 1. Any other duties as assigned by supervisors. PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift 30 lb. regularly and 50 lb. occasionally. Items exceeding this limit should be lifted per the safety manual instructions with a dolly (i.e., Kegs, Gaming machines, etc.). ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in an environment with frequent interruptions and customer interaction.
- Ability to work in cooler or freezer up to one hour. Disclaimer: The list of requirements, duties, and responsibilities is not exhaustive but is merely the most accurate list for the current job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description and to require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, changes in personnel, workload of technical development).
Keywords: Town Pump, Missoula , CASINO MANAGER, Accounting, Auditing , Missoula, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!