Chief Financial Officer
Company: Modern Machinery
Posted on: May 12, 2019
The CFO is responsible for the administrative, financial and risk
management operations of the company. As a member of senior
management, this position is responsible for taking on a leadership
role in developing financial and operational strategy and
procedures to improve the financial health of the company. The CFO
is responsible for the overall finance and accounting processes,
including the development and monitoring of control systems to
preserve company assets and the reporting of timely, accurate
financial statements. Develop a deep bench of talent at every level
ensuring people recognize that the company is committed to their
success. The position is located in Missoula, MT or Kent, WA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision
making issues affecting the organization; i.e., capital deployment,
return on capital, compensation planning, company budgeting and
acquisitions and/or mergers.
- Directs the preparation of all financial reports for internal
and external users including monthly management reports, annual
audited financial statements, tax returns, and reports for
government regulatory agencies. Supervises borrowing and investment
of funds, initiating appropriate strategies to enhance working
capital. Manages relationships with external auditors and
- Leads and coordinates the planning and budgeting process, while
conferring with the President and other senior leadership. Insures
continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of
managers on financial issues impacting their budgets.
- CFO is responsible for all risk management, including
maintaining appropriate insurance coverage, compliance with legal
and regulatory requirements, maintenance and monitoring reliable
control systems, and understand and mitigate all vital aspects of
the company's risk profile.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and
procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve
the overall operation and effectiveness of the
- Evaluation of the finance division structure and team plan for
continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the
group as well as providing individuals with professional and
personal growth with emphasis on opportunities (where possible) of
- Utilizing all planning and performance management processes,
provide ongoing mentoring and training to mid-level professionals
to promote employee development and succession. Ensure all SMART
goals and development plans are captured in Halogen.
- A strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical
ability, good judgment and strong operational focus.
- Strong leadership capabilities to instill and drive a
- Knowledge of database and accounting computer application
systems to supply the most accurate financial information.
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with
high ethical standards and an appropriate professional
- A well-organized and self-directed individual who is
"politically savvy" and a team player.
- An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to
people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent
written and verbal communication skills.
- A good educator who is trustworthy and willing to share
information and serve as a mentor.
- An excellent negotiator who is experienced in
- A decisive individual who possesses a "big picture" perspective
and is well versed in systems.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries
- Moderate Travel Require
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in business administration, accounting, or
- C.P.A. designation required.
- Ten to fifteen years related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience in financial
management with increasing responsibilities, direction and
Keywords: Modern Machinery, Missoula , Chief Financial Officer, Accounting, Auditing , Missoula, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!