Billboard Installation Technician
Company: Lamar Advertising Company
Posted on: July 31, 2022
Would you like to see a different part of your city every day
from a bird's eye view? This job is action-packed, and we provide
all the training and equipment to start your full-time career. Our
Billboard Installers complete anywhere from 20 to 50 billboard
advertising installations per week. Our Lamar office in Missoula,
Montana is now hiring a new Operations crew member to help us bring
outdoor advertising campaigns to life for brands in Missoula, MT
and the surrounding areas.
Have you ever wondered how billboards are installed? Check out this
video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn5TH5n3guM) !
Lamar Advertising is one of the largest outdoor advertising
companies in the world. Lamar offers advertisers a variety of
advertising formats, helping both local businesses and national
brands stand out from the competition. We live by the Golden Rule,
and we operate with honesty and integrity in every aspect of our
business. We are open with our employees, transparent with our
customers, and loyal to the communities in which we serve. We have
been in business over 100 years, and we have stayed true to our
mission and values. While Lamar is a large company, each office has
its own culture and family atmosphere, making employees feel
connected both locally and nationally.
Want to hear more about Lamar? Check out these videos:
* About Us
* Giving Back Program (https://youtu.be/rXOE4vfn3Jk)
What you can expect from us:
* A comprehensive training/safety program
* An hourly rate of $19.50 - $22 / hour dependent on relevant
experience and qualifications
* Performance and certification based pay increases
* Career advancement, license attainment, and certification
* Multiple medical plan options
* Dental and vision insurance
* 120 hours of paid time off (PTO) that increases with tenure
* 401K plan with company contributions for participation
* Incentivized wellness program
The purpose of this entry-level, full-time position is to install
and maintain billboards, including installation of advertisements,
maintenance of structures, and the construction upkeep of billboard
cosmetics. This position most often works alone and must be able to
manage work schedules effectively.
A Day in the Life:
As an Installer, you can expect to work alongside the Operations
team to install and maintain billboards while prioritizing the
safety of yourself and others. Installation most often includes
handling a large advertisement printed on vinyl and ensuring it is
properly assembled to the billboard structure. The tallest
billboard structure in Lamar is around 200 feet, so comfort with
heights is a must.
Maintenance of our billboards includes construction work such as
tightening bolts, painting steel structures, repairing trim and
various parts of a billboard sign face and structure, changing
light bulbs, and more. As for power/manual tools: you bring the
experience, we bring the equipment!
In this role you'll be expected to:
* Remove and hang flexes from billboards, remove and hang vinyls,
cut and prepare flexes and vinyls for installation, cut, prepare
and install copies on Tri-Visions
* Build and install extensions on billboards, cut brush/weeds,
conduct storm damage repairs and minor electrical repairs, and
maintain a clean workshop area
* Use power/manual tools while adhering to safety regulations
* Attend installer and construction safety meetings as required
* Maintain operation vehicles; maintain construction tools,
equipment, and machinery
* Take completion photos for proof of performance of
What we're looking for in YOU:
* Willingness to work at heights up to 100 feet above the
* Strong communication skills. Ability to speak and read English
* Willingness to work and get along well with others
* Basic computer skills including Internet navigation and Microsoft
Word & Excel.
* Ability to work from ladders and to carry a ladder and/or other
tools to the worksite from vehicle.
* Working knowledge of electrical skills and techniques.
* Working knowledge of fabrication skills and techniques.
* Skill in reading technical documents, such as blueprints and
* General knowledge of Lamar, Department of Transportation (DOT),
and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) safety
* Ability to safely use construction equipment
* Ability to climb heights and work at heights above ground
* Ability to document installations, through photographs and
* Skill in the practical applications of mathematics, in relation
to construction and operations tasks
* Skill in setting priorities that accurately reflect the relative
importance of job responsibilities
Education and Experience Requirements:
* A high school diploma or equivalent is required
* A valid driver's license is required.
* Ability to complete OSHA 10-hour Construction course required
* CDL and Non-CDL licenses are a plus, but not required!
* Previous experience working at heights up to 100 ft. above ground
* Construction and/or billboard installation experience a plus, but
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
* The primary work environment for this position is outdoors,
requiring the ability to work in adverse weather conditions and
climb to heights up to 100 ft.
* The physical demands for this position include heavy lifting (up
to 100 pounds), extensive bending, pushing, reaching, seeing (with
a focus on reading, color distinction, acuity, depth perception,
and peripheral vision), sitting less than 50% of the time,
standing, stooping, talking, turning, walking, driving, and
* Nights spent away from home traveling are less than 10%.
* On-call shifts may be required.
Lamar is an EOE/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans
or any other State or Federally protected characteristic
Disability Self-Identification: When applying for a job with Lamar,
you will be asked to voluntarily self-identify whether you have a
disability. Please take a moment to watch this video
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAKsPd_lIw8) for clarification on
why we're asking for this information!
California Residents - Lamar collects personal information in the
ordinary course of considering job applicants. This information may
include, for example, name, address, phone number and other contact
information, employment history and reference contact information,
and any other information provided by an applicant to Lamar. By
submitting an application, you consent to the use or sharing of
this personal information solely for the purpose of consideration
for employment by Lamar. Lamar will not sell this information.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Lamar Advertising Company, Missoula , Billboard Installation Technician, Engineering , Missoula, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!