Life Enrichment Director
Company: The Village Senior Residence
Posted on: February 23, 2021
The primary purpose of this position is to develop, implement,
facilitate and evaluate the overall operation of the Life
Enrichment Department in accordance with current federal, state and
local standards, our established policies and procedures, and as
may be directed by the Executive Director, to assure that an
on-going program of activities is designed to meet the needs
interest and abilities of residents. Essential Job Functions Duties
- Develop, implement, facilitate, evaluate and direct the Life
- Implement and communicate department policies and procedures.
Communicate best practices to staff, residents and families.
- Coordinate activities with other departments.
- Organize and facilitate resident outings into the community as
determined by their interests and abilities.
- Provide necessary adaptations (creative or supplies) to meet
individual resident needs.
- Plan and participate in special events.
- Publish monthly calendar and facility newsletter. Personnel
- Assist in the recruitment, interviewing, and selection of
- Partner with the Executive Director to determine staffing
requirements and work schedules necessary to meet the community's
- Assist in staff development. Formally and informally monitor
performance of personnel and ensure adjustments/corrections are
made by using coaching, counseling, and discipline methods. Work
with the Budget and Planning Functions
- Make budget recommendations for supplies, outside contracts,
and transportation and submit to the Executive Director for
- Maintain current written records of department expenditures and
assure that adequate financial records and cost reports are
submitted to the Executive Director upon request or as
- Make departmental adjustments in order to conform to approved
budget, and/or as dictated by an analysis of the monthly operating
statement. Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Must possess
the ability to make independent decisions, follow instructions, and
accept constructive criticism. Must be able to deal tactfully with
personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government
agencies/personnel, and the general public. Must be able to work
with ill, disabled, elderly, and emotionally upset people within
the facility. Must be able to speak, write and understand English
in a manner that is sufficient for effective communication with
supervisors, employees, residents, and families. Education and
Experience A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited
college/university, or equivalent or 5 years experience in a health
care setting. Prefer degrees in Therapeutic Recreation,
Gerontology, or Recreation Management. Licensing/Certifications May
have to obtain a CDL license with appropriate endorsement. Apply
Now with our quick 3 minute Application! * Fields Are Required What
is your full name? First Name How can we contact you? Email Phone
Number Number Type What is your preferred method of
Keywords: The Village Senior Residence, Missoula , Life Enrichment Director, Executive , Missoula, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!