Business Development Manager (BDM)
Company: Envirocon Inc
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Job Number: 761
# of Openings: 1 The Business Development Manager (BDM) is
responsible to generate business opportunities within the
Environmental Remediation and Restoration Construction markets with
both private and government clients who share Envirocon's values.
In addition to business development, the BDM will engage with
Envirocon Leadership in developing strategies for market growth and
Envirocon is a specialty construction company and an industry
leader providing environmental remediation and restoration services
for both commercial and government clients throughout the United
States. Projects are both competitively bid and negotiated on a
sole source basis. Project sizes range from hundreds of thousand
dollars to tens of million dollars with project durations ranging
from months to multi-years. Envirocon enjoys a high percentage of
revenues generated from repeat clients.
Envirocon is privately held, has been under the same ownership
since inception in 1988, and is one of nine operating Washington
* This is a remote nationwide position.*
- Achieve sales objectives on an annual basis.
- Develop and maintain relationships with both Government and
Private clients who share Envirocon's values.
- Manage key client accounts to develop an understanding of their
project portfolio and developing strategies in which Envirocon can
provide value to these clients.
- Identify and develop strategies to capture profitable new
business with high-priority clients.
- Contribute to client prioritization by evaluating client
characteristics and presenting perspectives to senior management
during regular reviews.
- Understand owner/engineer relationships and manage Envirocon
- Manage the client "zippering" approach to ensure the broader
Envirocon team is leveraged appropriately and forms relationships
up and down the client organization, as appropriate.
- Participate in market research including the development of
actionable capture and account plans.
- Identify market competitors and gather intelligence in order to
provide thorough and comprehensive strengths/weaknesses
- Track client accounts including opportunities via Envirocon's
Customer Relationship Management database (Salesforce).
- Evaluate opportunity/project t characteristics and
attractiveness for discussions with senior leadership during the
Go/No Go decision.
- Establish and develop long-term relationships with prospective
teaming partners including engineers/consultants and vendors.
- Maintain knowledge of overall business trends, threats and
opportunities within the environmental sector(s) including
remediation, restoration, geotechnical and demolition.
- When assigned, participate in proposal and bid development and
contract negotiation to win targeted pursuits.
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the environmental, industrial,
and/or construction/engineering market with sales experience
preferred. (An equivalent combination of education and experience
including 5 years of industry experience with some Business
Development experience preferred.)
- Ability to initiate and maintain client and relationships in
both private and Government market sectors.
- Proven experience in establishing and building relationships
with both Government and Private client management.
- Knowledge and experience in the sales capture process.
- Demonstrated communication (written and oral), presentation,
follow-up, negotiation, and closing skills.
- Solid organizational skills with the proven ability to manage
multiple priorities at a time.
- Strong analytical skills (technical aptitude) with a focus on
attention to detail.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Willingness to travel as required (anticipated minimum of 60%
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with experience working
effectively in a collaborative, team-oriented environment to
identify and capture new business.
- Proficiency in networking, prospecting and building
- Technical experience and expertise with large-scale
environmental remediation projects a plus.
- Experience leading complex proposal efforts preferred.
- Team player - accustomed to close cooperation and integration
- Must have visionary skills to ascertain market direction and
strategic skills to determine methods of market penetration.
- Business savvy with proven skills to listen to client needs and
identify viable, revenue producing, future projects.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license.
- B.S. Degree in related discipline (Business, Engineering,
Technical, etc.). A combination of education, skills and experience
will be considered in lieu of degree.
Envirocon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit unlawful
discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of
race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity,
and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, and
genetic information or any other applicable status protected by
state or local law. This policy applies to all types of work
situations, including but not limited to hiring, firing,
promotions, harassment, training, wages, and benefits.
Keywords: Envirocon Inc, Missoula , Business Development Manager (BDM), Executive , Missoula, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!