Social Services Director (FT: M-F 8am-5pm)
Company: Discovery Care Centre
Posted on: September 16, 2023
Job Title Social Services Director (FT: M-F 8am-5pm)
Location Hamilton, MT
Department Social Services
Shifts hiring Full-time, Day Shift
Discovery Care Centre, located in Hamilton, Montana, is seeking a
Full-time Social Services Director to join their engaging team!
Who We Are:
Discovery Care Centre offers 101 skilled nursing beds and provides
the support residents and patients need through a wide range of
skilled nursing care, restorative therapies and memory care. This
community has been a part of the Hamilton community since 1990,
delivering a lifestyle of care, value and well-being amidst a
beautiful setting. It is the commitment of our team members to help
each resident and patient lead a purposeful life and strive to
deliver an exceptional experience through Platinum Service -.
Why Work for Us:
- Comprehensive Health Plan Options
- Medical and Prescription Coverage
- Dental and Vision Coverage
- $10k Life Insurance Coverage*
- Supplemental Insurance Options
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Generous Company Matching
- Employee Support Program (ESP)
- Tuition Discounts with Rasmussen College
- Educational Support
- Team Member Referral Bonus
- Shift Differentials
- LifeMart Employee Discounts
- OnShift Engage Bonus and Incentives
- Generous Paid Time Off *Benefits available to eligible
employees with enrollment in a medical insurance plan. Eligibility
may vary by position, average hours worked, length of service,
Shift: Full-time / Monday - Friday / 8am - 5pm
Essential Job Functions Duties and Responsibilities:
The primary purpose of this position is to plan, organize,
implement, evaluate, and direct the overall operation of the Social
Services Department in accordance with current federal, state, and
local standards, guidelines and regulations, our established
policies and procedures, and as may be directed by the Executive
Director, to assure that the medically related emotional and social
needs of the resident are met/maintained on an individual
Social Services Functions:
- Conduct an initial social service assessment including MMSE,
social history, intake for MDS, and admit note.
- Complete administrative packets and new resident
- Review nursing charts and complete MDS within facility
- Develop a written plan of care (preliminary and comprehensive)
for each resident that identifies the problems/needs of the
resident and the goals to be accomplished for each problem/need
- Ensure that all social services personnel are aware of the care
plan and that care plans are used in providing daily social
services to the resident. Review nurses' notes to determine if the
care plan is being followed. Report problem areas to the Director
- Evaluate social and family information and assist in
determining plans for social treatment. Interview resident/families
to obtain social history. Involve the resident/family in planning
social service programs when possible.
- Assist in the development, administering, and coordinating of
department policies and procedures. Keep abreast of current federal
and state regulations, as well as professional standards, and make
recommendations on changes in policies and procedures to Executive
- Participate in discharge planning, development and
implementation of social care plans and resident assessments.
- Provide information to resident/families as to
medicare/medicaid, and other financial assistance programs
available to the resident.
- Coordinate social service activities with other departments as
- Assist in providing solutions for social and practical
environmental problems including seeking financial assistance,
discharge planning (including collaboration with community
agencies), and referrals to other community agencies when
specialized assistance is required.
- Interpret social, psychological, and emotional needs of the
resident/family to the medical staff, attending physician, and
other resident care team members.
- Obtain resources from community social, health and welfare
agencies to meet the needs of the resident.
- Ensure that all charted progress notes are informative and
descriptive of the services provided and of the resident's response
to the service.
- Ensure that social service work areas are maintained in a clean
and sanitary manner.
- Recommend to the Director the equipment and supply needs of the
department. Place orders for equipment and supplies as necessary or
as may be required.
- Assist in arranging transportation to other facilities when
necessary. Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions, follow
instructions, and accept constructive criticism.
- Must be able to deal tactfully with personnel, residents,
family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the
- Must be able to work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally
upset, and potentially hostile people within the facility.
- Must be able to speak, write and understand English in a manner
that is sufficient for effective communication with supervisors,
employees, residents, and families.
Education and Experience:
Prefer social work experience in a health care setting working
directly with individuals.
Must poses a Licensed Social Worker, Licensed Clinical Social
Worker, or Licensed Nurse certification.
Click here to review the complete job description
Keywords: Discovery Care Centre, Missoula , Social Services Director (FT: M-F 8am-5pm), Executive , Hamilton, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!