RN Nurse Navigator - Medical Oncology
Company: Community Medical Center
Posted on: November 17, 2023
This is a part time (0.4 - 0.6 status) day shift RN Nurse
Navigator position in the Medical Oncology Department.
The focus of the nurse is primarily on administrating healthcare to
patients who are affected by cancer, hematologic disorders, and
other genetic components. - The RN Nurse Navigator carries out risk
assessments, orders appropriate testing recommended by licensed
providers, and supports, coordinates, and educates patients and
their families as it relates to disease and treatment options. -
PRIMARY (ESSENTIAL) DUTIES
- Collaborates with the physician to optimize patient
care-assists with performing patient assessments and
- Manages new oral chemotherapy prescriptions; assists with
authorizations, education, refills, and financial
- Gathers a detailed history of the patient.
- Educates patients and their families about their
- Coordinates patient care needs with other interdisciplinary
healthcare team members.
- Communicates with referring providers regarding patient
- Recommends and implements program guidelines.
- Performs administrative or clerical duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
-Minimum Education: -
- RN License Required, BSN preferred.
- 30 hours of CE coursework specific to oncology is required to
be completed within 3 months of hire.
- Certification in specialty preferred.
Minimum Work Experience: -
- Recent Oncology experience required within the last 2
- Desire five years of nursing experience in area of
- Includes the ability to educate physicians, staff, and patients
in the arena of health and related diagnostic studies.
- Must have current computer skills and ability to navigate
several systems for IT systems.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and
Every effort has been made to make this job description as complete
as possible. - However, it in no way states or implies that these
are the only duties the incumbent will be required to perform. -
The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them
from the position if the work is similar, related, or is a logical
assignment to the responsibilities, assigned with or without
Weekend Requirements: N/A
CMC is located on a 45-acre campus in Missoula, Montana. Nestled in
the Rocky Mountains of western Montana, between Glacier and
Yellowstone national parks. Our diverse community serves as western
Montana's hub for education and healthcare and offers the perfect
blend of four-season outdoor recreation, small town charm and big
COVID-19 Update: -
Community Medical Center is hiring top talent, but we also have a
mission of Making Communities Healthier, which means keeping our
community safe and to reduce the risk of exposure. We have modified
our conditions of employment to include COVID-19 vaccination unless
a documented medical or religious exemption is approved.
Employees may meet this requirement by providing proof of having
been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with any of the three
COVID-19 vaccines (manufactured by Pfizer, Moderna, or Johnson &
Johnson). -Employees are considered fully vaccinated if they are at
least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19
This position is subject to Drug and Alcohol Testing according to
MT Law -39-2-205-39-2-211.
Keywords: Community Medical Center, Missoula , RN Nurse Navigator - Medical Oncology, Healthcare , Stevensville, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!