Our goal is to be the best retailer in USA in the eyes of our
customers, associates, and business partners.
We would love to have you join the Scheels team!
College Apparel Specialty Shop Manager - Full Time - Missoula,
Do you love College Sports and apparel? SCHEELS can turn your
passion into a rewarding career. Our College Team Sport Shop
Managers will manage complete lines of premium college apparel and
gear. As a private, employee-owned business, this specialty shop is
yours. You will be responsible for purchasing decisions to develop
sales and margin, training and coaching your team, while actively
providing an industry leading customer experience. Through our
extensive business and product training you will leverage your love
of the great outdoors into a successful career at SCHEELS.
Compensation for this position can range from $40,000 +/yr
(includes commissions and incentives) depending on experience and
Your career begins at SCHEELS! With over 115 years in business,
SCHEELS is a leader in the sporting goods industry, driven to
create the best experience in the USA for our customers. SCHEELS
boasts the largest selection of sports brands in America-offering
world-class brands, special attractions, and unmatched customer
SCHEELS Specialty Shop Managers enjoy going to work. You are an
owner of your shop, empowered to be a buyer, merchandiser, and
inventory manager, all while enjoying one of the best careers in
retail. SCHEELS is an employee-owned, privately held business whose
empowered associates and leaders drive the success of their store
and the entire company.
SCHEELS empowers our associates to become experts in their shops
to go above and beyond to meet the customer's needs and
expectations. SCHEELS associates talk-the-talk, and walk-the-walk,
with the best product and expert training in the sporting goods
industry. Mentorship and professional development training are a
focus throughout your entire career.
We offer an exceptional array of employee benefits and we are
proud of a workforce that takes advantage of the health and
wellness benefits we offer.
What it takes to be a Scheels Expert:
- Genuinely and consistently treat co-workers, customers and
business partners like they are the most important person including
eye contact, a smile and a genuine "Thank you"
- Approach daily tasks, projects and follow-up communication with
energy and sense of urgency
- Cultivate a deep desire to become a knowledge expert in their
role with the ability to apply their knowledge and experience with
- Show respect and appreciation for others and Scheels
- Arrive to work and meetings 10 minutes early
- Genuine interest and action in helping others before yourself,
regardless of recognition or reward
- Consistent eagerness to listen, learn, apply knowledge and
accept critical feedback
- Ability to adapt to a changing work environment
- Ability to apply concepts of basic math, grammar, punctuation
- Meets Scheels dress and grooming expectations in support of
professional, clean and welcoming environment for customers,
co-workers and business partners
- Demonstrate pride and ownership of their work while meeting
- Meet or exceed personal sales goals while giving Scheels
customers a great experience
- Be knowledgeable to answer questions concerning location, price
and use of merchandise
- Follow instructions for specific requests from customers, while
maintaining safety requirements
- Analyze reports and make decisions about purchasing of
inventory, arrangement of merchandise, and sales trends to meet or
exceed Scheels standards
- Stock shelves, tables, and counters with merchandise while
merchandising to Scheels standards.
- Set up advertising, signs, and merchandise to promote
- Communicate professionally with vendors and/or outside sales
- Train associates on the proper use and basic knowledge of
- Prepare for and facilitate required product knowledge and sales
meetings as directed
- Attend weekly required sales and product knowledge training
- Be professional in appearance and attitude, contribute to a
positive team atmosphere and treat others with respect and
consideration while following Scheels' policies and
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to perform basic math; perform operations using units
of currency, measurements and understanding percentages.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one or
small groups to customers, clients and other employees.
- Ability to work assigned schedule; may include varied hours,
evenings, weekends and holidays.
High School diploma, or General Education Degree (GED), one to
three months related experience or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
Must be able to sit, stand, bend at the waist, climb, stoop,
kneel, crouch, reach, walk, push/pull, lift, talk, and hear with or
without reasonable accommodation
Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds
of force constantly to move objects
Scheels cares about the health and safety of our Associates.
Associates are expected to follow all safety procedures and perform
their job duties in a fashion that minimizes the risk of injury
Must be flexible to work assigned schedule between 9a.m. and
9p.m., Monday through Saturday, 10a.m. and 6p.m., Sunday. Schedule
may include varied hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays, must be
available minimum of three weekends a month. Average hours per week
is 41 hours.
Scheels offers a complete benefits package to include:
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Associate Discount
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Short Term & Long Term Disability Insurance
- All State Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Maternity Leave
Equal Employment Opportunity
Scheels is an equal employment opportunity employer providing
equal employment opportunities to individuals regardless of age,
color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental
disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital
status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In addition, Scheels will provide reasonable accommodations for
qualified individuals when appropriate.