Supply Chain Manager
Company: Young Innovations, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
At American Eagle Instruments/Young Innovations, we pride
ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. The growth of
AEI has been fueled by the commitment and hard work of this special
group of people. As an established industry leader, AEI offers
excellent career growth opportunities, competitive compensation,
along with a complete benefits package that includes medical,
dental, vision, 401k with match, paid time off, 10 paid Holidays,
life and short & long term disability insurance. AEI offers a
dynamic work environment, positive and fun culture and is comprised
of a diverse and intelligent workforce. Together with our parent
company, Young Innovations, we manufacture and market high quality
dental instruments, equipment and supplies. With an outstanding
reputation for quality, our company has a broad portfolio of market
leading products across a variety of categories.
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for development of the
production schedule and coordinating work between departments. This
individual ensures that target dates are met and initiates
planning, tracking movement and management of material as well as
working directly with suppliers and corporate sourcing to identify
cost and productivity efficiencies. This individual maintains an
enthusiastic and motivated work environment at all times.
- Evaluates processing workload and schedules jobs.
- Review production plan to identify risks.
- Plan inventory management to avoid any shortages and
- Deliver direct material savings by leveraging supply base,
engineering, corporate procurement, etc.
- Leverage MRP and external tools to develop optimized schedule
to better balance plant execution, improve inventory turns, and
mitigate risk of slow moving inventory.
- Plan and monitor material movement in production cycle to
ensure continuous operations.
- Analyze customer orders (GC) and establish production schedules
for timely delivery.
- Review change orders and execute them appropriately.
- Assist supervisors monitoring the execution of job orders.
- Accurately create, obtain any needed approval for, and issue
vendor purchase orders as dictated by reorder points and inventory
- Place, track, and ensure timely delivery of time-sensitive
- Utilize freight carriers, as needed, to meet delivery
requirements as cost-effectively as possible.
- Communication of company vendor and shipping requirements as
well as any special requests to suppliers.
- Resolution of overages, shortages, damaged and substituted
product received from venders. Initiation of process for kiting
orders and BOMs to be created based on demand.
- Attend daily Leadership meetings. Communicate daily work plan
and goals to the team and assist in holding department accountable
to reach defined goals.
- Assist production supervisor in any back order issues
- Assist defining work priorities and communicate to the
- Assist on and promote process improvements and cost
- Assist in follow up on daily/weekly/monthly performance (on
- Promote and maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Participate in the utilization and implementation of all "Lean
Manufacturing" tools (5s, Preventive Maintenance, SMED-Setup
- Provide written reports as necessary.
- Resolve personnel problems; implement and follow corrective
action procedures when necessary.
- Contributes to team efforts by initiating and fostering a
spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Assist in assessing team weaknesses and strengths through
- Inform employees of benefits, services and work related
- Resolve simple or informal complaints and refer formal
complaints to appropriate supervisor.
- Monitor and report on status of work as required
Related Duties: Work with production, manufacturing departments
in identifying and resolving production planning problems. Maintain
vendor evaluation, as necessary. Supports receiving process and
assists in resolving receiving-related issues. Supports operational
activity and special projects as requested.
Training and Experience
- 2 or 4 year degree in related field is required. Bachelor's
- Five to seven years of related experience within a
manufacturing or distribution environment preferred
- Combination of education and experience considered.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Knowledge and moderate level of ability to utilize MS Office
- Abilities required to satisfactorily perform the functions of
the job include: communicating with diverse groups; meeting
deadlines and schedules; working as part of a team; being flexible
to changing conditions; working with multiple projects; dealing
with frequent interruptions and changing priorities; and
- Competencies necessary to satisfactorily perform the functions
of the job include: operating standard office equipment including
utilizing pertinent software applications; planning and managing
projects; budgeting and financial management; developing effective
working relationships, and outstanding customer service
Young Innovations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
E-Verify participating employer
key words: supply chain; materials manager; scheduler
Keywords: Young Innovations, Inc., Missoula , Supply Chain Manager, Other , Missoula, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!