Company: McKinstry Co.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
At McKinstry, we're proud to be a diverse and passionate group
of innovators and problem-solvers, builders and engineers, mentors
and students. We believe the world needs curious, forward-thinking,
solutions-oriented people who want to make our planet better. We
are committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting,
developing, and retaining professionals from all backgrounds, and
we believe that promoting diversity, equity, and inclusivity is an
integral component of our continuing quest To Build a Thriving
Planet. If you are looking to leave a purposeful mark on the world,
then McKinstry is the place for you.
Here's where you come in:
We are currently seeking a Commissioning Technician to join our
Technical Services team.
You're great at:
* Confirms system(s) operating conditions per the owner's project
requirements and basis of design.
* Understands, maintains, tracks, and operates test equipment with
* Record accurate, complete and legible data onto appropriate
* Recognize when field reports or observation logs are needed.
* Write, deliver and follow up with accurately written reports
and/or observation logs.
* Work with commissioning manager to schedule required equipment
* Assist the commissioning engineer in establishing
project-specific commissioning plans, procedures, and
* Coordinate and perform assigned work by prioritizing tasks and
responsibilities sensitive to project schedules, budget, and
* Communicate observations, questions, and concerns through proper
channels in a timely manner.
* Assist the Commissioning Engineer in verifying system
installation and functional performance are per McKinstry standards
and contract documents.
* Document installation verification, functional performance, and
observation log in standard format.
* Review as-built documentation for accuracy and completeness.
What we would like to see from you:
* Good understanding of mechanical, electrical, and control systems
* Ability to read and understand construction documents (mechanical
drawings, specifications, etc.) required.
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Mechanical Engineering degree preferred.
* Formal HVAC training/education preferred.
* Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel,
and Outlook required; working knowledge of SharePoint
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital
status, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic
information or any other basis protected by law. This policy
applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but
not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as
a social responsibility and as an economic and business
McKinstry is a drug-free workplace. Employment is contingent upon
successfully passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol test,
complying with the requirements of the Immigration Reform and
Control Act and a Confidentiality Agreement, in addition to
successful outcomes of background and reference checks.
Applicants for this role will only be considered if they possess
current US Work Authorization, and do not require
employer-sponsored VISA support to begin or remain in this
Keywords: McKinstry Co., Missoula , Commissioning Technician, Other , Missoula, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!