5th-8th STEM Teacher
Company: Sussex School
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Fifth-Eighth-Grade STEM Teacher
Begins 2021/2022 Academic Year
- 40 hours/week; Salary ranges depending on education and
experience; position includes benefits
Sussex School, a progressive K-8 day school with small class
sizes located in Missoula, Montana, seeks a fifth-eighth-grade STEM
teacher. The middle school program at Sussex School offers an
enriching educational atmosphere that supports critical thinking,
creativity, courage, and citizenship in its students and teachers.
Faculty and staff are highly engaged and enjoy the flexibility,
autonomy, and creativity associated with progressive education.
Sussex School teachers and students have a shared ethos of
"thinking uncommonly and acting exceptionally." In addition,
successful Sussex School teachers are lifelong learners who are
reflective about their practice, find ways to bring 'real-life'
into their classrooms, have a ready sense of humor, enjoy and value
the arts and outdoors, and seek out professional development and
- Teach two 5th/6th and two 7th/8th mixed-grade STEM classes
- Lead an after-school STEM-oriented program (coding, robotics,
- A degree in a science-related field and three or more years of
teaching experience or
- A teaching license with at least one year of STEM or
STEM-related teaching experience
- A degree in STEM education or science-related field;
- Experience teaching middle school science;
- Strong skills in teaching applications of science, including an
emphasis on using appropriate technology and hands-on
- Passion for and a strong understanding of student-centered,
- Commitment to progressive teaching/learning with or without the
use of textbooks;
- An ability to work closely and communicate effectively with all
Sussex School community stakeholders.
Keywords: Sussex School, Missoula , 5th-8th STEM Teacher, Other , missoula, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!