Assistant Clinical Nurse Manager - Cardiac/Respiratory
Company: Providence Health & Services
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Providence is calling a Assistant Clinical Nurse Manager
(Cardiac/Respiratory, Evenings, 1.0 FTE) to St. Patrick Hospital in
Missoula, Montana. We are a community of caregivers delivering
every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is
accessible for all - especially those who are poor and
In this position you will:
- Employee demonstrate the communication standard of conduct by
clearly conveying information and ideas through appropriate
mechanisms in a way that engages people and helps them understand
and retain the message.
- Employee demonstrate the safety standard of conduct by
familiarizing him/herself with policies and procedures, practicing
personal and patient safety consistently and reporting any an all
safety hazards and/or violations.
- Recognize and respond to differences in legal consent issues of
patients and families, i.e. consent forms, advance directives and
- Ensure the use of age specific standards, policies, and
procedures by all staff when performing treatments or
- Immediately responds to problems that arise, assesses the
situation, and makes decisions to adjust to the needs.
- Take initiative in assisting members of the care delivery team
as needed. Uses professional judgment in assessing the
staffing-to-patient ratios at any given time of the day.
- Provide staff with information, instruction or guidance to
insure the delivery of the highest quality of patient care.
Oversees, monitors, and is responsible for the implementation of
standards of practice for patient care. Educates the staff,
continuously assesses the environment, and implements new
procedures as appropriate
- Assist as delegated with quality improvement activities.
Identifies and suggests areas for improvement and participates in
the evaluation and implementation process.
- Participate in unit practice committees and provides guidance
and input in unit activities. Promotes staff participation in unit
practice decision in unit practice decision.
- Assist the CNM in developing and maintaining departmental
quality management program in accordance with organizational
guidelines which exceed community standards, including compliance
with all laws, regulations, and appropriate licensing or
- Work with CNM to responds to physician's requests or concerns.
Provides follow-up information to all parties.
- Adhere to institutional standards for safety precautions,
educating and monitoring staff accordingly. Ensures a safe,
reliable, and effective physical environment by working with
Biomedical Engineering, Facilities Engineering, etc.
- Assist in maintenance of compliance with EOC requirements.
Participates in EOC survey bi-annually of department.
- Evaluate and assesses the need for equipment repair and
replacement and supplies needed to provide optimal care. Ensures
that staff are trained to use equipment.
- Recommend to the CNM corrective action and/or progressive
discipline. Communicates ongoing patterns/trends of performance
deficiencies to the CNM.
- Complete staff evaluation/scheduling as delegated by CNM. Works
with the CNM on all new hires, transfers, promotions, evaluations,
- Is a resource for staff related to policies and procedures to
identify and reduce the risks of acquiring or transmitting
infection. Maintains knowledge of current standards for the
prevention of hospital acquired infections and is a role
model/resource for staff.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
- Unencumbered RN license in state(s) of hire, and wherever care
is delivered. If RN holds a multistate license through the Nurse
Licensure Compact (NLC), the RN must adhere to the requirements of
licensure in the new state(s) of hire.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card must be from the
following authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association
(AHA) - (BLS Provider), American Red Cross (ARC) - (BLS for Health
Care Provider), or Military Training Network (MTN) - (Healthcare
Provider) upon hire.
- ACLS within one (1) year of hire
- Three (3) years nursing experience.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master's Degree in Nursing.
- National Certification in area of specialty.
- One (1) year unit leadership experience.
- One (1) year nursing experience in the specialty of the
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula, Montana has more
than 250 licensed beds and serves patients from 17 counties. We
have been recognized as a Thomson Reuters Top 100 Hospital and
among many other awards, have earned the Premier Award for Quality
award repeatedly. Missoula is halfway between Yellowstone and
Glacier National Park. It is a university city of 65,000,
surrounded by big sky, scenic mountains, forests and renowned
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Missoula , Assistant Clinical Nurse Manager - Cardiac/Respiratory, Other , Missoula, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!