Company: First Student
Posted on: October 2, 2021
First Planning Solutions, the logistics division of First
Student, North America’s premier provider of student transportation
services, has a career opportunity for a Routing Analyst.
The Routing Analyst is responsible for building and maintaining
accurate and efficient route schemes in routing systems for First
Student locations and our school district customer. The Routing
Analyst interacts with customer and location contacts on a daily
basis to ensure route updates and changes are performed on a timely
basis. This position will also provide routing and data support for
consulting and analytical studies conducted by FPS.
Our company offers competitive salary and benefit packages as
well as internal job growth opportunities. We are looking for the
next leader to join our team!
Routing Analyst Responsibilities:
- Initialize, configure and populate all data components required
in computerized routing systems, including: maps, boundaries,
hazards, school parameters, transportation policies and students –
training is provided for routing platforms
- Loads and edits map, student and transportation data within
computerized routing systems. Works with source data in various
formats, including: Excel, Access, Word, and text files.
Recognizes and resolves issues associated with data loading, data
- Coordinate routing updates and change requests across multiple
- Acts as day-to-day point contact for FS location staff and
school district administrators
- Keep supervisor apprised of any issues, challenges, special
requests in locations
- Assist other FPS staff with complex analyses in various
software packages of student, transportation, boundary, or other
- Logs hours worked and other relevant project information into
web-based tracking tool
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
including help with special projects.
- Complies with First Group America’s Code of Business Conduct
Routing Analyst Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Proven problem-solving ability and good written and verbal
- Proven experience working independently and in a team-oriented,
- Proficiency with MS Office suite.
- Solid keyboarding skills.
- Ability to quickly and accurately analyze and troubleshoot
various data formats.
- Ability to learn to work with electronic maps.
- Ability to learn to efficiently navigate complex systems
Training will be provided for well-qualified
First Student’s commitment to putting our customers first,
dedication to safety, and an ambition to deliver dependable
transportation makes for a working environment you’ll love. As a
huge company with 120,000 staff and over 2.5 billion customers
worldwide, you’ll also enjoy security, a brilliant future, and
Apply today to join our team!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We
strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For
candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles
California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants
with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so
we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports
future growth for all.
Keywords: First Student, Missoula , Routing Analyst, Other , Missoula, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!