Company: Envirocon Inc
Posted on: October 11, 2019
Location: **US-NationwideJob Number: 652# of Openings: 2
Superintendents are responsible for the scheduling, coordinating
and supervising of craft employees and assigned staff as well as
heavy equipment/tools/materials necessary on various sized projects
and may provide support for multiple areas within CCR Pond/Landfill
Construction, Operation, Maintenance, and Closure projects. On
larger projects, the Superintendent may work with multiple
Superintendents or supervise multiple Foremen. Superintendents may
also be responsible for the coordination and support of
subcontractor's field operations. Superintendents work under the
general guidance and direction of a Construction Manager, Project
Manager, or Operations Director.Essential Duties and
- Committed to and responsible for Envirocon's Safety Culture &
actively involved in project Health and Safety, including:
- Embraces and enforces the site and corporate Health and Safety
- Works with the site Health and Safety representative and Site
- Ability to review project hazards and participate in Job Hazard
- Perform pre-task planning
- Brief craft before assigning new task
- Participate in incident investigation and reporting
- Organizing and planning field activities for craft and
- Oversee work performance and productivity of crafts and
subcontractors to ensure project rules, procedures, specifications,
safety requirements, etc. are followed.
- Assist with selection and hiring of project craft
- Experience working with local craft union halls.
- Ensure direct report time punches accurately reflect hours and
job tasks (WBS coding) worked and are submitted timely.
- Understand the project contract/scope and advise project
management of potential changes (scope and conditions), potential
problems, work interferences, schedule difficulties, etc.; assist
in circumventing / resolving such problems as required.
- Assist in planning work schedule, determining manpower levels,
material quantities, equipment requirements, subcontractor
scheduling, etc. throughout the project.
- Responsible for training and mentoring of direct reports and
- Must have the working knowledge to be able to safely operate
equipment and qualify employees.
- Perform additional assignments as directed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to review and use project schedules to plan and direct
- Provide liaison between field engineering and crafts to ensure
construction complies with drawings and specifications.
- Ability to communicate with and lead a team composed of
different crafts and subcontractors.
- Ability to recognize potential changes and other project
impacts and assist project management with notices and
- Has a working knowledge and understanding of project contract,
specifications and drawings for assigned activities.
- Understands the function, capabilities, and intended use of
equipment on project and complies with Envirocon's internal
- Possesses writing skills necessary to document project
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients and
subcontractors and maintain liaison with other departments, i.e.,
Purchasing, engineering, etc. as required to support, construction
- Understands and uses Envirocon's cost control systems to
improve job performance.
- Daily Quantity/Cost Tracking & Reporting
- Labor and Equipment Reporting
- Understands and Uses Envirocon's Standard Operating Procedures
to increase efficiency, minimize risk, and improve job
- Demonstrates persistence in performing job duties and
demonstrates creativity in solving problems.
- Ability to train and mentor Foreman and craft labor.
- Superintendents are project site-based positions that require
the individual to travel and work at job sites, generally within
the Tennessee Valley area, but may extend nationwide, as directed
from upper management.
- Superintendents must be able to satisfy the DMV driving
qualification of Envirocon and remain a qualified driver.
- Knowledge and understanding of construction scheduling, cost
control and ability to supervise large groups.
Education and Experience
- Requires experience as a superintendent or equivalent in
saturated ash or gypsum ponds or dry CCR Landfill Construction,
Operation, Maintenance, and Closure (Prefer five years'
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Keywords: Envirocon Inc, Missoula , Superintendent, Other , Missoula, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!