Company: Republic Services
Posted on: November 11, 2019
POSITION SUMMARY: The Lead Operator is responsible for the safe
operation of machinery and equipment at a recycling facility,
landfill or transfer station. The position is accountable for
coordinating the daily activities of Heavy Equipment Operators or
Stationary Equipment Operators, ensuring that all work and
processes adhere to safety regulations, as well as federal and
- Inspect all required equipment at the start of shift, and at
each start-up that occurs during the shift. Record all required
data in a complete and accurate manner on daily inspection forms.
Complete Equipment Condition Report and report any necessary
repairs to supervisor and/or maintenance shop.
- Safely and efficiently operate equipment that may include:
forklift, scraper, motor grader, sweeper, baler, excavator,
bulldozer, front-end loader and other recycling facility, landfill
or transfer station equipment.
- Continuously monitor equipment to ensure it is operationally
ready at all times to minimize down-time; perform basic
troubleshooting, if necessary, and report more complicated
mechanical issues to maintenance staff to ensure equipment is
repaired in most efficient manner possible.
- Review daily production schedules to accurately estimate hour
requirements for completion of job assignments of heavy or
stationary equipment operators; establish work procedures to meet
production schedules, making adjustments in work procedures as
necessary to ensure production schedules can be adhered to.
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment
performance and quality. Suggest changes for equipment use, work
space and other enhancements to increase efficiency of shop,
department and work crew.
- Direct employees in completion of work; may interpret Company
policies, instructions, specifications, blueprints or job orders
for employee understanding; assign duties and work to employees;
confer with supervisor or manager to coordinate activities of
individual departments or shifts; train or assist in training of
- Ensure that shop is clean, serviced and stored at the
completion of each shift.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- One year prior supervisory or lead operator experience working
at sites regulated by OSHA.
- Good time management skills to ensure assigned own
responsibilities and those of staff are completed in an efficient
and safe manner.
- Good communication skills; is able to effectively communicate
operating issues to management; is a team player and able to
- Good follow through ability; ability to adhere to work schedule
and follows through on challenges as they arise.
- Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth;
promotes the Company?s safety standards; works with a sense of
honesty and trustworthiness.
- Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all
goals and motivates the team to do the same
- High school diploma or GED.
- Three years of prior related experience in equipment
- Valid certificate(s) of training and applicable licenses for
operation of equipment, as required.Republic Services is an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran
status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected
by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this
position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an
incumbent so classified.-- Furthermore, they do not establish a
contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion
of the Company.
Republic Services, Inc. is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and
waste services. Through its subsidiaries, Republic---s collection
companies, transfer stations, recycling centers and landfills focus
on providing reliable environmental services and solutions for 14
million commercial, industrial, municipal and residential
customers.Each day, Republic empowers more than 31,000 exceptional
employees to do their best work. The Company takes pride in the
commitment to the safety of employees and communities; customer
engagement; environmental stewardship and sustainable practices;
community involvement, and innovation in all aspects of its
business operations. Republic strives to be an employer of choice
for top talent and works to create and maintain an environment that
attracts, develops and retains people who are aligned to serve
customers and preserve the planet.
Keywords: Republic Services, Missoula , Lead Operator, Other , Missoula, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!