Welding Technician II
Company: Western States Equipment Co
Posted on: November 17, 2020
* Understands and performs with limited to no assistance all
welding processes to repair and fabricate equipment, including but
not limited to Stick, MIG, TIG, Dual Shield/Flux Core Wire, Sub
arc, tin ware repair welding with limited Technician III or IV
* Determines appropriate welding process based on repair type.
* Sets up equipment properly according to the function and
* Understands properties of various types of steel and other
welding metals (including but not limited to hardness; brittleness;
elongation; tensile, etc.) and can determine the best type for the
* Performs fabrication, including but not limited to line-boring;
* Completes layout from prints and drawings; in absence of prints
or patterns, can create prints or patterns
* Handles all public and internal inquiries in a prompt and
* Adheres to all customer care standards.
* Actively cares and advocates safety at Western States. Adhere to
all applicable safety policies, procedures and standards.
* May accomplish training and serve as a team member in support of
Western States' strategic programs, projects, and initiatives.
* Work within and promote corporate vision, mission, and values of
* Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Advanced-level proficiency in all welding processes and
* Ability to read blue prints required.
* Ability to fabricate without prints.
* Ability to attain certification in all welding processes
required; AWS certification preferred.
* Understanding of the metric system.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft office.
* Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
* Consistent attendance and timeliness.
* Ability to work overtime with little or no notice.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree
* Associate Degree from an accredited vocational school
* Extensive experience with MIG, TIG, and Stick processes
* Proficiency or certification as a welder/fabricator of heavy
* Experience and knowledge of CAT equipment preferred.
* Two to four years minimum welding and industry-specific machine
work experience required. Line boring experience preferred.
* Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write in
* Must be able to stand for long periods of time along with
walking, sitting, climbing stairs, reaching (including but not
limited to above-shoulder reaching), repetitive bending, pushing,
pulling, leaning and twisting.
* Able to lift up to 50 lbs in accordance with Western States'
Lifting Safe Work Practice to include amount and approach.
* Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable
* Exposure to extreme temperatures and environment
* Exposure to high noise level
* Exposure to fumes
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by employees
assigned to this classification. It is not intended be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of employees in this classification.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Western States Equipment Co, Missoula , Welding Technician II, Professions , Missoula, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!