Company: First Student
Posted on: March 20, 2023
ROUTING ANALYST First Planning Solutions, the logistics division of
First Student, North America's premier provider of student
transportation services, has a career opportunity for a Routing
Analyst. The Routing Analyst is responsible for building and
maintaining accurate and efficient route schemes in routing systems
for First Student locations and our school district customer. The
Routing Analyst interacts with customer and location contacts on a
daily basis to ensure route updates and changes are performed on a
timely basis. This position will also provide routing and data
support for consulting and analytical studies conducted by FPS. Our
company offers competitive salary and benefit packages as well as
internal job growth opportunities. We are looking for the next
leader to join our team! Routing Analyst Responsibilities:
- Initialize, configure and populate all data components required
in computerized routing systems, including: maps, boundaries,
hazards, school parameters, transportation policies and students –
training is provided for routing platforms used.
- Loads and edits map, student and transportation data within
computerized routing systems. Works with source data in various
formats, including: Excel, Access, Word, and text files. Recognizes
and resolves issues associated with data loading, data quality,
- Coordinate routing updates and change requests across multiple
- Acts as day-to-day point contact for FS location staff and
school district administrators
- Keep supervisor apprised of any issues, challenges, special
requests in locations
- Assist other FPS staff with complex analyses in various
software packages of student, transportation, boundary, or other
- Logs hours worked and other relevant project information into
web-based tracking tool
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
including help with special projects.
- Complies with First Student's Code of Business Conduct and
Ethics. Routing Analyst Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Proven problem-solving ability and good written and verbal
- Proven experience working independently and in a team-oriented,
- Proficiency with MS Office suite.
- Solid keyboarding skills.
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot various data formats
quickly and accurately.
- Ability to learn to work with electronic maps.
- Ability to learn to efficiently navigate complex systems
- To work remotely, experience in school bus routing is required;
otherwise, the position will be in Cincinnati, OH, or Missoula, MT.
Training will be provided for well-qualified candidates!! First
Student's commitment to putting our customers first, dedication to
safety, and an ambition to deliver dependable transportation makes
for a working environment you'll love. As a huge company with
120,000 staff and over 2.5 billion customers worldwide, you'll also
enjoy security, a brilliant future, and excellent training. Apply
today to join our team! We aspire to have a culture where all
people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse
workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to
providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to
positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco
Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First
is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain
and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for
Keywords: First Student, Missoula , Routing Analyst, Professions , Missoula, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...